Friday, December 20, 2019

Birthdays and exercising!


My birthday night in Estes was AMAZING. Two of the girls didn’t know each other beforehand but it was like we had all known each other for years. We laughed and talked and didn’t notice that it took about 40 minutes to order our food for dinner, and another 30 to actually get it… and then we talked and laughed in a hot tub. A bachelorette brought us leftover tacos from their party (she was getting married in the morning) and we conversed with a man and his nice 6th grader son. Bree enjoyed messing with him a little and asking him her new favorite joke, a pickup line that someone told her at school. “Did you fart…? Because you blew me away.” While we giggled our hearts out, the kid looked at her blankly and then said to his dad, “You’re the one who usually farts…” Then we drank and talked and laughed and finally fell asleep in our lovely hotel room. It was amazing.



The kickboxing challenge ended and I lost almost 15 pounds. Then I had a birthday celebration and people gave me treats so I’m trying to get back in the mindset of healthy eating. :) I didn’t want to quit exercising so I signed up at our local Chilson Recreation Center for a 10-day pass to check out some of the classes. The daycare there accepts babies who are over three months but you have to call in advance and grab a timeslot because they only allow one baby at a time (which is nice to know that they cap it). I went to a step class Tuesday morning. There were maybe 10 people in the class on a Tuesday at 9:10 a.m. And they were all regulars except for me and this one other guy.

When I arrived, other participants rushed to show me where the steps are, and how to put pads underneath so it doesn’t slide. The instructor after the warmup came over to shake my hand and ask for my name. “Don’t get frustrated, just keep moving,” she said. It was funny and sweet because I HAVE been to classes where I don’t know what’s going on, everyone. But it was incredibly heart-warming to have that nice a welcome to an aerobics class. During class, she kept checking in on me and the other guy, “How are you doing, Jessica?” Thumbs up, Cindy! By the end of the class, she was adding so many twists and turns that all I did was shuffle around awkwardly so she was probably right to heap on the encouragement. :) Another lady told me that she teaches a class on Thursdays at 6:50 that goes over the basic steps. “In the morning?” I thought but didn’t say. “Um, nope.” I kind of like the challenge of the Step II class anyway.

On Thursday, Mom and I went to a “Power Pump” class where we used weights and did strengthening exercises. It was OK. Then we went swimming on Friday and I convinced her to go in the outdoor hot tub with me. “But it’s so cold,” she complained. But then she enjoyed it. :) I love swimming. Also, my baby? SHE IS THE CUTEST.













No comments:

Post a Comment