Thursday, October 17, 2019

Starting the summer...


June 2019

My app said Gracie was the size of a jicama (about 3 ¾ pounds)! I bet everyone can visualize that now. That’s apparently a white-fleshed, edible tuber, used in Mexican cooking. (So my Mexican cousins might get it. :)) 

I started having to use the restroom a little more often towards the end of the school year as well. We had several in-class parties where some kids brought gifts. The school year ended and this crazy busy summer began. My wonderful roommate Christy moved out and before she did, we went camping. That was great… and hard because I’ve started to feel like a beached whale, so sleeping on a blow up mattress near the floor wasn’t great.

My family went on two mini trips right after school got out, one to California to see our cousins and a couple uncles, and one on Tour de Nebraska. We brought the nephews with us on the bike tour. I didn’t bike this time, just hung out with the family. It was a little hot and we walked a lot and my feet started swelling often and I was feeling large! Also my hips ached, my lower back ached… Basically my body was miserable. Then I saw this overweight, pregnant woman sitting on the grass at an event in California, and she looked HUGE and I was like, oh great, I have that to look forward to.

California














Tour de Nebraska











Sleeping was often a struggle. I had nights where I tossed and turned because I couldn't get the pillows, right. I bought a maternity C-shaped pillow, which seemed to help for awhile. Later, I started stacking pillows up high so I could sleep at a more upright position. That also helped because also, my BOOBS WERE SO HUGE and I found myself feeling strangled in them and also like it’s too hard to struggle out of bed at night if I’m flat. Also, I went to the bathroom 3-5 times a night, depending on how much water I drank close to bed time. And my feet were always super swollen by evening. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post - saw some awesome photos with you guys and I saw your mom out with some dude on the beach I didn’t recognize. Loved reading your adventures.

    ReplyDelete