Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday, Aug. 6


Oksana and I woke at 8:30 a.m. and Tamila made us crepes with cottage cheese for breakfast. It was very delicious I should say. Oksana wrote that last sentence because in Budapest (which I will write about shortly), I told a waiter that the meal had been delicious and he looked at me blankly, and so I said, "It was tasty, I should say," and then he understood and thanked me.

Anyway, we took a taxi to the central train station at 8:45 a.m. to meet our tour group and the tour bus. The guide was at the door to check for our names on a list. He had a hard time finding my name and then he said something in Russian and I agreed with him and he looked at me strangely. "I understand some things," I said and he and another girl laughed and laughed like it was the weirdest thing to them that I understood. We stowed our bags and boarded the bus. It's a double-decker bus and Oksana and I have seats on the top in back. She wanted to change seats so we wouldn't be so far back but we couldn't because all of the seats were assigned. We happen to have the only seats with a large shadowy blotch on the window to prevent us from getting a good view outside. Haha. Oh well, you have to make due when you're taking a bus trip to see four countries in seven days.

We drove for about 10 hours to the other side of Ukraine, to Lviv. There we stopped briefly at the train station to pick up a few more passengers, and continued on to Budapest. We stopped at the border for about three hours at 3 a.m. during the process through customs. That was fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment