Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Friday, Aug. 5


Oksana and I headed to Nyzhin at 11 a.m. I had hoped to spend more time in Losynivka with the family, but we had errands to run in Nyzhin and we were going to spend the night at Tamila's house in Kiev since we had to meet up with the tour group at 9:30 a.m. Saturday for our big European tour. Svyeta prepared meat and bread for us to take on the road. The bus came quickly and I only had time to give her a quick goodbye peck on the cheek and hand little Vladik off, whom I’d been threatening to steal away with me. Oksana and I each had one bag. The rest of my stuff, I'd left at Tamila's. We stopped at her university to stow our bags and so I could see where she studies. There are some nice gardens there. Then we went to the bank to exchange money to Euros and to the store to buy some last-minute essentials. We also stopped at the tour agency to find out if we needed anything else for the trip and so the woman could explain some things to Oksana.

We ate Svyeta's food by the river and watched two men in speedos jump into the dirty water.  At 5:45 p.m., we caught a train to Kiev, and then a bus to Tamila's house. Her husband Tolya met us at the stop and carried our bags.



We ate dinner and then walked to a grocery store for cheese, bread and sausage to take on the first leg of the bus trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment