Monday, January 3, 2011

Here's The List

Here is my New Year's Resolution list. Interesting how the calendar pages over to Jan. 1, 2011, and suddenly everything feels fresh and exciting, like anything can happen. Oh, except for all the people who have i-phones and their alarms didn't go off Jan. 1. I heard that was on CNN. Mine didn't go off either but, despite the fact that I got to bed at 3:30 a.m. New Year's morning, I woke up at 7:20 a.m. and laid in bed for 10 minutes. I watched my phone turn to 7:30 and nothing, the alarm didn't ring. Turns out thousands of people were late to work and missed flights because of a glitch. I had to work at 9 and luckily, I was not late.

So anyway, here is My List.
1. Lose 30 pounds. I know that this is a cliche but, like I said everything is new and exciting and it seems possible that I could. My family and I are starting another weight loss challenge today so the idea is that I'll lose 16 pounds in two months, which is when the challenge ends.
2. Publish a book. I've almost finished a chick lit novel. If you don't know what that is, think chick flick movie, only in a book format. It's about a girl named Sara who ends up as a house sitter after she loses her job and place to live. The owner has an obsession with collecting hats and likes to travel. When Sara finds a note by her hair brush from a guy named Jason, she's a little confused about why he was in the house. Later he calls her, tells her he's the son of the house owner, and thanks her for calling the police on him. They begin a semi-relationship wherein they interact and run errands for one another, but never actually meet. Meanwhile Sara reunited with an estranged friend and an ex-boyfriend, and starts looking for another more permanent job. She has a series of short-lived job experiences that never seem to work out. Of course, all these things tie together in the end. Next step is to get an agent who will represent me.
3. Get a boyfriend. Because I would like one. Not just to have one, but because I want a closeness, a companionship, a love with another person who likes me just for me. I'm still waiting for one to drop out of the sky and fall on my head and demand I marry him. And that's all about that.
4. Secret Ambition. I'm not comfortable publishing this one just yet.
5. Blog at least once a week about the progress of my resolutions. And about other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment