Sunday, January 3, 2010

Seriously.

I spent the night at my friend's house last night, New Year's Eve. We had a relaxed evening with friends. Went out to eat, came back, drank apple martinis and watched Julie and Julia. What a cute movie!

We went down to the basement at 1 a.m. or so, and I went into the bathroom to change. When I came out, all the lights were off, so I made my way by feel to the bedroom. In the hallway, I tripped over a baby gate. A baby gate that my friend put up across the hallway so her dog couldn't run around, making a mess. A baby gate she put up after turning off all the lights. A baby gate she didn't warn me about. "Oh, I just put up a baby gate," she said, as I tripped all over it, pushing part of it off the wall. "Hey, you didn't break it did you? Did it fall?" she demanded from the bedroom. I took great exception to that. Not only had she put an obstacle knowingly in my path without a word, but she was also attacking me for hitting it!

I went grumblingly to bed, wondering aloud who DOES that and asking her to acknowledge that she had done something ridiculous. And she continued to laugh at me and act like it was all my fault. FRIENDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment